4.21.2010

I'm thinking of cows, and monsters, but friendly ones...




Black and white photography makes even meal-time seem beautiful and dramatic. Ok, so mealtime has enough drama already, but I love b&w photos because it takes away the distractions of color and let's you see the beauty in the moment. Simplicity.

These are my favorite b&w's of Charlie Brenan. She's my almost five month old daughter who puts up with the camera being in her face quite well. In fact, I think she likes it. I've gotten a lot of experience just by taking time at least once a week to photograph her. Writers say that to be successful, you have to write everyday, no matter the subject. I believe that the same is true for photography. Therefore, I am going to take pictures everyday, no matter the subject matter. This is crucial for the growth and development of onthefly photography, and for me personally. Creativity needs an outlet, and so the more you let it out, the bigger it grows. Hehe. Won't be too long before I have a full-grown monster on my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment